Your phone may have 4 or 5 cameras, Dual aperture, 48Megapixels or even 64 Megapixels but there is one game changer or ultimate king who sits atop and it is not the cameras of any phones but it is the GCam or Google Camera which has a major impact on the camera performance on any phone.
A few years ago Android phones were never so great for the camera but it all changed with the introduction of Google Pixel phones which comes with the Google Camera or GCam. The Google Pixel phones are regarded as the best camera phones available and now all the Android phone manufacturer are trying to match this quality and has been busy introducing phones with much higher Megapixels. The Pixel secret sauce to the great camera is much the HDR+ and the Night Sight but the magic also lies with the Google Camera or GCam application.
If the photo nerd inside you can’t get enough of smartphone photography, we have here something for you to take your smartphone photography experience to another level altogether. In this
Phones that are compatible with Google Camera (GCam)
In case if you didn’t know, Google Camera or GCam is available only to download for Pixel phones in the Play Store which to me is quite a blunder by Google. But worry not peeps, because in this article I’m going to tell that how can you download GCam on your smartphone which may be from any brand and make the most of GCam on your phone.
This is one of the most frequently asked questions in the Android user community. Rightly so because Google Camera has so many things to offer and everyone just want it on their phone. Even when it is currently compatible with a wide range of phones, you cannot download it directly from the Play Store.
The first thing you want to do is to check the compatibility of your smartphone and for
How to download and install Google Camera
There are several versions of Google Camera available to download but you should find the one that is compatible with your mobile. The most popular are Arnova8g2, cstark27 and BSG, all offer their particularities with optimal and very stable operation.
Steps to be followed download the GCam APK:
Thanks to the Google Camera Port Hub project, you can download the GCam application on your phone easily and it will run like a breeze. All you need to do is just find the version compatible with your smartphone brand and make things up and running. XDA Developers has linked to a thread where you can download GCam for every smartphone that are compatible. Simply head over there and find the version compatible with your smartphone to download it.
- Download the GCam app from here after finding the version compatible with your smartphone brand.
- Once done downloading, head over to settings and enable the unknown source installation to continue.
- Once this is done you can install the GCam App without any problem.
Google Camera can be configured with ease
After you download Google Camera and install it, you can use it immediately. You will notice the quality and sharpness in each photo you take, although this will much depend on the quality of your smartphone camera.
The GCam App works quite well without much of a tweak, but if you are one of those who like to play with the features in order to get the most out of it, there are many interesting options for both photography and videos.
Some options are, night mode, panoramic mode, use HDR +, modify saturation and other features, use the Photo Sphere option to be able to create 360º photos, record videos in slow motion or in accelerated sequence and much more. Each version works differently in each smartphone, so you must install it and start exploring all its benefits.
All phones compatible with Google Camera
- Asus: ZenFone Max Pro M1, ZenFone Max Pro M2, ZenFone 5Z and ZenFone 6.
- Essential: PH-1.
- Google: Pixel / Pixel XL, Pixel 2 / Pixel 2 XL, Pixel 3 / Pixel 3 XL and Pixel 3a / Pixel 3a XL.
- HTC: HTC 10, HTC U11, HTC U Ultra and HTC U12 +.
- LeEco: Le Max 2 and Le Pro3.
- Lenovo: K6, P2, ZUK Z2 Pro and ZUK Z2 Plus.
- LG: G4, G5, G6, G7 ThinQ, V20, V30 and V40 ThinQ.
- Motorola: Moto G5 Plus, Moto G5S, Moto G5S Plus, Moto X4, Motorola One, One Power, Moto Z2 Play, Moto G7, Moto G7 Plus, Moto G7 Power, Moto Z and Moto Z3 Play.
- Nokia: Nokia 8.1, Nokia 8, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 6 and Nokia 5.
- OnePlus: OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6 / 6T, OnePlus 5 / 5T and OnePlus 3 / 3T.
- Razer: Razer Phone and Razer Phone 2.
- Samsung: Galaxy S10 / S10 + / S10e, Galaxy Note 9, Galaxy S9 / S9 +, Galaxy S8, Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy S7 and Galaxy A70.
- Xiaomi: Mi A1, Mi A2, Pocophone F1, Mi 5, Mi 5S, Mi 6, Mi 8, Mi 9, Mi Max 3, Mi Mix 3, Mi Mix 2S, Mi Mix 2, Mi Mix, Mi Note 3, Redmi 3S, Redmi 4X, Redmi 4 Prime, Redmi 5A, Redmi Note 5/5 +, Redmi Note 5 Pro, Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 7 / Note 7 Pro and Redmi K20 Pro (Mi 9T / Mi 9T Pro).
- ZTE: Axon7.